Burgundy wine region day tour
Perfect tour for wine specialist or "Sunday wine lovers". Learn about and taste some of the best Chardonnay & Pinot Noir wines in the world. Mix it with an historical visit in the city center of Beaune, tastings at Pommard, clos-Vougeot or Vosne Romanée. This tour keeps its continuous 5 star ranking on Tripadvisor and with some US travel agencies for several years.
Fun on the road
Famous altarpiece at Hospice de Beaune
Highlights of the tour
- Chateau Santanay
- City Beaune
- Hospice de Beaune
- Chateau de Pommard
- Chateauneuf en Auxois
- Other interresting sightseeing and stops
The price of the tour is 1400 Euros
- Price for the group: 1 to 7 guest
- From 6:30am to 7-8pm / duration 13h
- Direct pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- Private guide / driver (same person)
- Tour itinerary and flexibility to change the tour
- Spacious, aircoditioned minibus
Full description of the tour
|Direct pick up from your accommodation in Paris
|Chateau Santanay (visit & tasting)
|Château de Santenay is one of Burgundy’s largest wine domaines. Its prestigious heritage, which comprises a remarkable Château with a glazed tile roof and 90 hectares of vineyards, is the product of a time-old legacy that is closely tied to the history of the Burgundy wine region.
Take a guided tour of the Domaine’s magnificent 9th-century vaulted cellars, the ideal opportunity to learn more about the wines of Burgundy ‘from the terroir to the cellars and from the vine to the glass’.
|Stop in the vineyards
|Stop in the vineyards to understand the wine growing in Burgundy. Learn about its rich past and the troubles of today. Some great villages with famous wines where to stop and discover such as Chassagne Montrachet & Pouligny Montrachet, Auxey-Duresses, Mercurey, Savigny-les-Beaune, Aloxe-Corton, Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin...
|Sightseeing of the region
|Take a scenic countryside road surrounded by some of the best vineyards of the world. Multiple stops for sightseeing in beautiful old villages, panorama stops for photos and lotsof story telling on the way
|Traditional lunch in Beaune
|Traditional lunch or sandwiches in the car (can be decided on the day). Lunch in the historical city Beaune (pronounced similarly to 'bone'), became the unofficial capital of Burgundy wine. This thriving town's raison d'être and the source of its joie de vivre is wine: making it, tasting it, selling it, but most of all, drinking it. Consequently Beaune is one of the best places in all of France for wine tasting, and one of Burgundy's top tourist destinations.
|Hospice de Beaune
|The Hôtel-Dieu is a former hospital founded in 1443 by Nicolas Rolin, chancellor of the Duke of Burgundy, and his wife, Guigone de Salins. This magnificent Gothic hospital (until 1971) is famously topped by stunning turrets and pitched rooftops covered in multicoloured tiles. Interior highlights include the barrel-vaulted Grande Salle; the mural-covered St-Hughes Room; an 18th-century pharmacy lined with flasks once filled with elixirs and powders. And the multipanelled masterpiece Polyptych of the Last Judgement by 15th-century Flemish painter Rogier van der Weyden, depicting Judgment Day in glorious technicolour. (it is the unmissable crowning jewel of this museum)
|Chateau Pommard (visit & tasting)
|Château de Pommard or originaly “Le Clos-Marey-Monge” is the largest private Clos in Burgundy. It’s a place where grand architecture and passionate winemaking converge among the vines. With almost three centuries of wisdom that has come from respecting and protecting Clos Marey-Monge, Michael Baum and Emmanuel Sala are on a mission to protect the vineyard for another 300 years with Biodynamic viticulture. (various kinds of tastings and visit experiences - best to be decided in advance)
|Stop at Chateauneuf en Auxois
|Châteauneuf-en-Auxois unfolds around a medieval fortress, erected on a rocky outcrop. The castle is a superb example of medieval military architecture. It is one of the "most beautiful village of France" untoutched by mass tourism. The Châteauneuf-en-Auxois castle proudly dominates the Burgundy canal and It bears witness to XIV century military architecture
|+/- 4:30pm depart
|Direct drop off to your accommodation in Paris
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Governmental tax - No hidden extra fees
- VIP Private Trip 1 to 7 guests – Price is for the group
- Private spacious and luxury Van – Full option 7 seater mini bus
- English speaking driver / guide
- Insurance while guest in the car (transportation insurance)
- Pick up and drop off from and to the hotel/accommodation in Paris
- Full transportation including all road charges (petrol, parking, highway fees)
- Planning and Flexibility of the itinerary
- Suggestions and booking of hotels & restaurants (If needed)
- For multiple day tour - guides accommodation, breakfast and dinner are covered
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks & snacks expenses
- Entrance fees to any museums, activities, visits and tastings
- Your own hotel - accommodation - overnight stay
- Guides lunch on guests expenses (20Euros max)
- Any additional or personal expenses
- Guides gratuity (optional)
- Each guest personal insurance : The guest has to be covered with his own private international travel insurance for any accidents or sickness while being on the tour as Private Trip does not take any responsibility for it
Good clothes and cofortable, warm walking shoes. Visits of some castles and wine cellars might be a chilly experience due to the constant temperatures around 10°C (50°F).
We operate in any weather conditions such as rain, wind or for. In a case of a very bad weather we can reccommend an alternative day if possible. If you can, do not leave the Burgundy day tour to your last day of stay - this will give you the flexibility to move the tour for a better experience.