Two days tour around Normandy D-day landing sites
Explore the entire allied landing zone stretching on almost 60miles from the British assault on Pegasus Bridge to the US Airborne sector. Overnight stay in medieval town Bayeux, visit of its beautiful cathedral and the Tapestry’s Museum. Don’t miss your chance to see it all in two days ! This tour keeps his 5 star rating on Tripadvisor and with other US travel agencies.
Utah Beach area
Omaha Beach panorama
German cemetery at La Cambe
Highlights of the tour
- Saint Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor...
- Remains of the German Atlantic Wall
- Omaha, Utah Beach & Point du Hoc
- American, German & other cemeteries
- Canadian & British sections
- Other interresting sightseeing
The price of the tour is 2500 Euros
- Price for the group: 1 to 7 guest
- Direct pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- Private guide / driver (same person)
- Tour itinerary and flexibility to change the tour
- Spacious, aircoditioned minibus
Full description of the tour
PROPOSED ITINERARY DAY ONE
|St Marie du Mont, assault on Brecourt Manor
|Sector of the 101st Airborne and sites related to the Easy Company "Band of Brothers"
|Angoville au Plain
|Church where two US para medics established a field hospital
|Sector of the 82nd Airborne
|Fiere Bridge, Iron Mike monument, Saint Mere Eglise and other
|Remains of German bunkers along the coast(multiple stops and sightseeing)
|Landing zone of the US 4th Div.
|German war cemetery
|Optional, can be decided onthe day
|Pointe du Hoc
|One of the most impressive sites in the whole Normandy. Remains of German bunkers, craters after bombing...
|Dog Green & Charlie sectors - pictured in the movie Saving Private Ryan (west part of the beach). Walking the beach possible depending on the tide
|+/-5pm drop off to your hotel in Bayeux
|Suggestion of the hotels will be sent to you upon booking
PROPOSED ITINERARY DAY TWO
|Overlooking the Omaha Beach the US cemetery is a pilgrimage place that every American should visit.
|Return to Omaha Beach. This time German position WN62 (east part of the beach)
|Port en Bessin
|Stop at a picturesque fisherman village known for the operation PLUTO (pipelines for petrol)
|Longues sur Mer
|German coastal artillery position. Its observation served as the model bunker for the movie "The Longest Day"
|Artifitial port Mulberry
|Known as "Port Winston Churchill or Mullberry" it was the prime port to get the soldiers and the equipment from England to France
|Very first operation on D-day. A pilgrimage place know from the movie The Longest Day "Hold until relieved"
|British commonthwealth cemetery is a resting place to many brave men from various countries that had lost their lives during the battle of Normandy
|+/- 4:30pm depart
|Direct drop off to your accommodation in Paris or airport
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Governmental tax - No hidden extra fees
- VIP Private Trip 1 to 7 guests – Price is for the group
- Private spacious and luxury Van – Full option 7 seater mini bus
- English speaking driver / guide
- Insurance while guest in the car (transportation insurance)
- Pick up and drop off from and to the hotel/accommodation in Paris
- Full transportation including all road charges (petrol, parking, highway fees)
- Planning and Flexibility of the itinerary
- Suggestions and booking of hotels & restaurants (If needed)
- For multiple day tour - guides accommodation, breakfast and dinner are covered
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks & snacks expenses
- Entrance fees to any museums, activities, visits and tastings
- Your own hotel - accommodation - overnight stay
- Guides lunch on guests expenses (20Euros max)
- Any additional or personal expenses
- Guides gratuity (optional)
- Each guest personal insurance : The guest has to be covered with his own private international travel insurance for any accidents or sickness while being on the tour as Private Trip does not take any responsibility for it
Appropriate clothing ! Good walking shoes and wind/water proof jacket are essential at the northern coast of France. In winter months extra clothing is recommended.
If you had a relative that participated in the battle of Normandy or any other battle to liberate Europe - let us know! We can do the necessary research on the individual or his unit / division and adapt the tour depending on the possibilities. In the last years we had helped many families to reveal what their relatives went through in Normandy !