Bastogne siege "Battle of the Bulge" day tour
A great day tour to visit the battlefields of the famous siege of Bastogne in Belgium and the heroic stand of the Easy Company 101st Airborne during the Battle of the Bulge. Highly recommended to history buffs and fans of the famous series Band of Brothers.
Following the steps of the US 101st Airborne div. "Band of Brothers"
Gen. Mc Auliffe "NUTS" monument at Bastogne
Numerous foxholes of the 101st Easy Company in the" Jack Woods"
Highlights of the tour
- Bastogne Barracks
- Jack Woods (Foxholes Easy Company)
- Foy (German counter attacks)
- Bastogne town & museum
- Mandarsson Memorial
- Multiple short stops (stories, sightseeing...)
The price of the tour is 1200 Euros
- Price for the group: 1 to 7 guest
- From 6:30am to 8pm / duration +13h
- Direct pick up / drop off to your accommodation
- Private guide / driver (same person)
- Tour itinerary and flexibility to change the tour
- Spacious, aircoditioned minibus
Full description of the tour
|6:30am depart||Direct pick up from your accommodation in Paris|
|Bastogne Barracks||Museum, once a base of the 101st Airborne and 10th Armoured Div. (optional)|
|Bastogne square||Stop at Gen McAuliffe monument, Sherman tank Barracuda, learn about the siege of Bastogne and the brave defenders|
|Traditional lunch||Traditional Belgian restaurant where the veterans of 101st Airborne used to reunite|
|Jack Woods||Two-three various stops around Jack Woods - This is where the Easy Company (Band of Brothers) were holding of the German counter attacks|
|Foy||Stop and sightseeing in the town of Foy. The town seen some heavy battles and it is from where the Germans launched their counterattacks on the Easy company|
|German War Cemetery||Optional stop for those who would like to|
|Bizory Chapel||Chapell turned into a provisional medical aid station|
|Mardansson Memorial||Honoring the memory of the Americal sondier who lost their lives or were wounded in the Battle of the Bulge|
|Bastogne museum||of the best WW2 museums focusing on the Battle of the Bulge and the Bastogne siege|
|Other sightseeing||Multiple short stops while driving through Ardennes countryside. Stop by tanks, sightseeing, other interresting sites & stories related to the Battle of the Bulge|
|+/- 4:30pm depart||Direct drop off to your accommodation in Paris around 8pm depending on traffic|
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Governmental tax - No hidden extra fees
- VIP Private Trip 1 to 7 guests – Price is for the group
- Private spacious and luxury Van – Full option 7 seater mini bus
- English speaking driver / guide
- Insurance while guest in the car (transportation insurance)
- Pick up and drop off from and to the hotel/accommodation in Paris
- Full transportation including all road charges (petrol, parking, highway fees)
- Planning and Flexibility of the itinerary
- Suggestions and booking of hotels & restaurants (If needed)
- For multiple day tour - guides accommodation, breakfast and dinner are covered
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks & snacks expenses
- Entrance fees to any museums, activities, visits and tastings
- Your own hotel - accommodation - overnight stay
- Guides lunch on guests expenses (20Euros max)
- Any additional or personal expenses
- Guides gratuity (optional)
- Each guest personal insurance : The guest has to be covered with his own private international travel insurance for any accidents or sickness while being on the tour as Private Trip does not take any responsibility for it
Appropriate clothing ! Good walking shoes and wind/water proof jacket are essential in Ardennes. In winter months extra clothing is recommended. Take an extra bag with clothes into the car - the van is spacious !
We operate in any weather conditions such as rain, wind or for. In a case of a very bad weather we can recommend an alternative day if possible. If you can, do not leave the Bastogne tour to your last day of stay - this will give you the flexibility to move the tour for a better experience.
Drive to Bastogne takes about three hours each way. You will stop with your guide for a break on the way in for coffee & croissant and on the way back for a small refreshment. There is a big choice of snacks at the place you will stop but feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks for the day.
If you had a relative that participated in the battle of Ardennes or any other battle to liberate Europe - let us know! We can do the necessary research on the individual or his unit / division and adapt the tour depending on the possibilities. In the last years we had helped many families to reveal what their relatives went through in Europe during WW2 !