"All American" Normandy US D-Day sites tour
This tour is focusing purely on the American effort during D-Day landings in Normandy. US Airborne sector; St Mere Eglise, 101st Airborne "Band of Brothers series", German bunkers of the Atlantic Wall, Utah & Omaha beach, US Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc and other. It is our second highest ranking tour to Normandy D-Day beaches that keeps consecutive 5 star ranking on Tripadvisor and with other US travel agencies for several years.
St Mere Eglise & the paratrooper at the church steeple
Omaha Beach "the best spot for photo shot" !
Highlights of the tour
- US Airborne (St Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor...)
- German defence bunkers (Atlantic Wall)
- Utah Beach
- Pointe du Hoc
- Omaha Beach
- US Cemetery
The price of the tour is 1700 Euros
- Price for the group: 1 to 7 guest
- From 6:30am to 7:30pm / duration 13h
- Direct pick up / drop off to your accommodation
- Private guide / driver (same person)
- Tour itinerary and flexibility to change the tour
- Spacious, aircoditioned minibus
Full description of the tour
|Direct pick up from your accommodation in Paris
|US Airborne section
|Various stops around the sited where the 82nd & 101st Airborn were droped on the 6th June '44
- Angoville eu Plain: Church where two US Para medics established an aid station
- Saint Marie du Mont: Objective of 101st Airborne (Band of Brothers)
- Saint Mere Eglise: Famous tow and the objective of the 82nd Airborne
|Remains of many German defence bunkers along the coast nicknamed the "Atlantic Wall"
|Landing zone of the 4th Div. led by Theodore Roosevelt Jr.
|Traditional lunch or sandwiches in the car (can be decided on the day)
|Pointe du Hoc
|One of the most impressive site in the whole Normandy. Remains of German bunkers, bomb craters left after heavy allied bombing accompanied by a heroic story of 225 Rangers. Duration of the visit +/- 1hr
|Dog Green & Charlie sectors - pictured in the movie Saving Private Ryan. Your guide will take on the beach where he will explain to you the functionality of the German defence system, the Allied preparation and the actions from the 6th of June 1944. (walking the beach possible depending on the tide) Duration of the visit +1hr
|Overlooking the east part of Omaha Beach the US cemetery is a pilgrimage place that every American should visit. Duration of the visit +1hr
|Multiple short stops while driving through Normandy countryside. Stop by many tanks, cannons, German defensive positions, sightseeing, great panorama and other interresting sites & stories related to D-Day actions
|+/- 4:30pm depart
|Direct drop off to your accommodation in Paris between 7-8pm depending on traffic
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Governmental tax - No hidden extra fees
- VIP Private Trip 1 to 7 guests – Price is for the group
- Private spacious and luxury Van – Full option 7 seater mini bus
- English speaking driver / guide
- Insurance while guest in the car (transportation insurance)
- Pick up and drop off from and to the hotel/accommodation in Paris
- Full transportation including all road charges (petrol, parking, highway fees)
- Planning and Flexibility of the itinerary
- Suggestions and booking of hotels & restaurants (If needed)
- For multiple day tour - guides accommodation, breakfast and dinner are covered
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks & snacks expenses
- Entrance fees to any museums, activities, visits and tastings
- Your own hotel - accommodation - overnight stay
- Guides lunch on guests expenses (20Euros max)
- Any additional or personal expenses
- Guides gratuity (optional)
- Each guest personal insurance : The guest has to be covered with his own private international travel insurance for any accidents or sickness while being on the tour as Private Trip does not take any responsibility for it
Appropriate clothing ! Good walking shoes and wind/water proof jacket are essential at the northern coast of France. In winter months extra clothing is recommended. Take an extra bag with clothes into the car - the van is spacious !
We operate in any weather conditions such as rain, wind or for. In a case of a very bad weather we can reccommend an alternative day if possible. If you can, do not leave the Normandy tour to your last day of stay - this will give you the flexibility to move the tour for a better experience.
Drive to Normandy takes three hours each way. You will stop with your guide for a break on the way in for coffee & croissant and on the way back for a small refreshment. There is a big choice of snacks at the place you will stop but feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks for the day.
If you had a relative that participated in the battle of Normandy or any other battle to liberate Europe - let us know! We can do the necessary research on the individual or his unit / division and adapt the tour depending on the possibilities. In the last years we had helped many families to reveal what their relatives went through in Normandy and other battlefields in France !
ICONY " WHY TO CHOOSE US" tato sekcia musi byt na kazdej stranke