Loire Valley castle day tour
Discover the royal region seeded by beautiful villages and towns, each of them with its own castle. Visit some of the most famous and the most beautiful villages of France. Tasting of well-rounded still and sparkling Vouvray wines. This tour keeps its continuous 5 star ranking on Tripadvisor and with other US travel agencies for several years.
Small wine producer
Highlights of the tour
- Outdoor sightseeing of Chateau Chambord
- Chateau Amboise
- Traditional lunch
- Chateau Chennonceau and its gardens
- Tasting at local small wine producer
- Other interresting sightseeing and stops
The price of the tour is 1100 Euros
- Price for the group: 1 to 7 guest
- From 6:30am to 7:30pm / duration 13h
- Direct pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- Private guide / driver (same person)
- Tour itinerary and flexibility to change the tour
- Spacious, aircoditioned minibus
For our EXPERTISE
Over ten years of providing tours experience, fully licensed, international clientele and over 15 years’ experience in tourism, expertise in history and modern living, became one of the best independent company that provides tailored private tours from Paris.
For our TEAM
Perfectly English speaking guides, chosen by high criteria. Knowledge in several domains such as history, art, architecture, both world wars, food, wines and great ability to go off the beaten path. Very time efficient and flexible guides, decision making towards customers wishes.
For our GREAT SERVICE
Knowledge, ability to entertain and politeness of our team. Best price of the tours when booking directly with us directly. Low deposit fees and the balance to be pay on the day of your tour. Fast response to emails, one person takes care of your bookings, advices for hotels, restaurants and activities.
For GUEST SATISFACTION
Certificate of excellence by Tripadvisor and Viator, only private tours. Your satisfaction is our priority. No stress: direct pick up and drop off to your accommodation. Serenity with providing only private tours (7 guests max). Children friendly. Booking online via Tripadvisor/Viator ( Extra charge)
For our FLEXIBILITY
Tailor made tours. You take the time you need in each site visited - the day is yours. Ability to change the itinerary "on the go" following the discussion with your guide. Tailor made tours from one to multiple days, research on family members that participating in world wars.
For the CONFORT
Most modern, very spacious van, with enough room for every participant (even rugby players). Fully equipped van with double air-conditioning, food trays and a massage seat (only in front :) All petrol, road charges and parking fees included in our prices.
Full description of the tour
|6:30am depart||Direct pick up from your accommodation in Paris|
|Chateau Chambord||Chambord is a radically unique work, one of the jewels in the heritage of humankind. you will discover extraordinary architecture imagined by François I and imbued with the spirit of Leonardo da Vinci. Chambord is perhaps the equivalent in architecture of Mona Lisa in painting.|
|Chateau Chenonceau||A Renaissance masterpiece ; the history of the Château de Chenonceau is defined by a an almost uninterrupted succession of women who built, embellished, protected, restored and saved it. It is a home to an extraordinary collection of furniture, tapestries and paintings. The Flower Garden is an unmissable part of any visit.|
|Traditional lunch||Traditional lunch or sandwiches in the car (can be decided on the day)|
|Chateau Amboise||This royal château is the expression of French-style luxury. From its balconies, its roofs and its terraced gardens, visitors can take in the Loire landscape and delight in what the kings enjoyed. Leonardo da Vinci tomb is preserved at the chateau|
|Vouvray wineries||The Vineyards of Vouvray appellation stretches out from the eastern limits of the city of Tours and covers 8 villages. The majestic and characterful Loire River is a natural temperature regulator. Its effects can be felt in the vineyard thanks to the many valleys that shape the hillsides. Vouvray product around 110 000 hl (60% sparkling; 40% still wines) with 180 wine growers|
|Other interesting sightseeing||Multiple short stops while driving through Loire Valley countryside. Stop for sightseeing, great panorama and other interresting sites with historical stories.|
|+/- 4:30pm depart||Direct drop off to your accommodation in Paris|
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Governmental tax - No hidden extra fees
- VIP Private Trip 1 to 7 guests – Price is for the group
- Private spacious and luxury Van – Full option 7 seater mini bus
- English speaking driver / guide
- Insurance while guest in the car (transportation insurance)
- Pick up and drop off from and to the hotel/accommodation in Paris
- Full transportation including all road charges (petrol, parking, highway fees)
- Planning and Flexibility of the itinerary
- Suggestions and booking of hotels & restaurants (If needed)
- For multiple day tour - guides accommodation, breakfast and dinner are covered
WHATS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks & snacks expenses
- Entrance fees to any museums, activities, visits and tastings
- Your own hotel - accommodation - overnight stay
- Guides lunch on guests expenses (20Euros max)
- Any additional or personal expenses
- Guides gratuity (optional)
- Each guest personal insurance : The guest has to be covered with his own private international travel insurance for any accidents or sickness while being on the tour as Private Trip does not take any responsibility for it
Good clothes and cofortable, warm walking shoes. Visits of some castles and wine cellars might be a chilly experience due to the constant temperatures around 10°C (50°F).
We operate in any weather conditions such as rain, wind or fog. In a case of a very bad weather we can reccommend an alternative day if possible. If you can, do not leave the Loire Valley castle day tour to your last day of stay - this will give you the flexibility to move the tour for a better experience.